The Destination Sistrunk Cultural Marketplace is an economic driver that leverages the artistic, creative, cultural and community assets of Fort Lauderdale’s historic Sistrunk Neighborhood. It presents a unique, outdoor gathering place that supports revitalization, provides the opportunity for creative industry entrepreneurs, and serves as a welcoming, safe and sociable public gathering place.
Marketplaces are known for their ability to bring together people of diverse ages, races, ethnicities, and socioeconomic backgrounds to easily interact, participate in other community activities, and experience the heart and soul of communities.
The Destination Sistrunk Cultural Marketplace is special because it focuses on providing free, interactive community artmaking experiences; affordable retail offerings by artists and creatives; healthy cuisine demonstrations and tastings; food trucks; connections to local resources; and auditions for the Destination Sistrunk Presenter Roster.
- Artmaking Workshops led by professional teaching artists
- History and Culture Attraction presented by Old Dillard Museum and the Children’s Services Council of Broward County
- Arts and Creative Retail tents
- Food Trucks
- Healthy Cuisine presented by TOUCHBroward Healthy Community Zone Partners
- Auditions for the Destination Sistrunk Presenter Roster.
- Public Art & Design signal box project
- Mural-making by Artists and Marketplace attendees